Day Three
Danny The Champion of The World by Roald Dahl
This is a story about a boy called Danny who is fascinated by his father. They live in a caravan and spend their time telling stories, building things, and a secret thing that Danny could not believe his father could do. What’s the secret, you say? Well, I am afraid I cannot divulge that since it would ruin the fun.
Roald Dahl intended it to be an inspiration for those children who would be parents one day.
His message for the children is to be “fun” and “sparky” parents. I cannot agree more.
One thing that caught my eye is the idea of how to distinguish a genuine smile. Roald says that people can fake a smile with their mouths. But eyes reveal it all. He says in the book, “...it’s impossible to make your eyes twinkle if you aren’t twinkly yourself”